05 October 2011


Day Four: What has been your favorite trip?

Well, so far I haven't been on very many trips.  Roseau, Emerald Pool, Carib territory... I've attempted to go on a lot more trips, but either they're school-sponsored and full by the time I try to sign up, or it rains and the whole thing gets canceled.

Last Saturday I went to Red Rock, which is my current favorite trip!  I've been wanting to post pictures, so today's theme is quite timely for me.


Red Rock is on the Atlantic side of the island, about a 40 minute drive from campus.


The water was warm with bigger waves than on the Caribbean side of the island.  When you get tired of swimming and sunbathing, you can flop down in a chair and enjoy the view.


What could be better?  Oh yeah... the fact that there's also a bar & restaurant!


 So adorably beach-y.  I could have easily spent several more hours here.  It was such a relaxing time.


Little four-seater bar.  One thing I find amazing about Dominica is the lack of tourism.  While all the other Caribbean islands are overrun with vacationers, all the sights to see here are basically deserted.  We spent four hours at Red Rock, and I think we only saw about four other people outside of our group.


 Red Rock has the #1 spot for right now, but I still have lots more of the island to explore.  Plus, I've heard you can get a cheap ferry to some of the other nearby islands.  I'm hoping if Chris ever gets a chunk of free time, we can do a bit of traveling.  We'll only be here for another 15 months... gotta get in these sights while we're still around!  St. Lucia, anyone?