12 October 2011

Okay, let's wrap up the blogging challenge.  I did a terrible job of posting daily.  I guess a career as a blogger is not in the cards for me.

Day Nine: Has anything made this journey easier for you?

While we were preparing to move, I read and re-read a couple different websites I found helpful, including the Ross Spouses Organization site, and this one.  There aren't many helpful websites out there about Dominica but I felt pretty prepared after studying what I did find, and in retrospect I think I did a good job.

The other spouses are all super friendly and helpful.  There are more spouses (or "spouses") than I thought!  It's nice knowing I'm not alone.

Also, having the internet to connect to everyone back at home of course makes things easier.  Sometimes when I get lost web-browsing for hours, or when I'm catching up on Facebook, I forget that I'm 2000 miles away.  Almost.

Day Ten: What will you miss when you leave Dominica?

I feel like I can't answer this one yet.   Aside from obvious things, like living next to the Caribbean Sea, and my fellow spouse friends, I'm not sure.  It's like when we moved down here I wasn't sure what kind of things would make me feel homesick.  (For the record, it turned out to be random little things, like seeing Comerica Park on tv.)

I'll get back to this one in two years, when I've been off the island for a few months!

Sorry this post is kinda boring, I feel like I don't have very exciting answers to the last two challenge questions.  When Chris isn't furiously pounding information into his brain and has ten minutes to spare, I'll get him to do the challenge too!